Hi! I am Adele du Rand, and I am so happy you are here! If you have been googling “juicing”, you have likely found a sea of juice information, and not all of the information is accurate or helpful.
I have been juicing since 2017, and I have tried a lot and researched even more! I have made mistakes and worked out what works well and what you should avoid. You don’t have to learn those lessons – I am here to help you create the juicy life you want!
Here is a little more about me. When it comes to helping people reclaim their energy and fuel your passion, I’m the real deal! Here’s why:
- I started juicing in 2017 when I was sick and tired of being sick and tired, and when nothing else helped. I was diagnosed in 2015 with an autoimmune disease, Hashimoto’s Thyroiditis, and I was overweight, fatigued and lost my passion for life.
- I did my first 30 day juice program in 2017, and it changed my life! Not only did I lose weight, but I also tripled my energy, regained my focus and reignited my passion for life!
- I don’t get sick a lot, and I attribute it to the fact that we drink a ginger shot and a juice every day! When I do get sick, I get over it more quickly.
- I have started a juicing company during the 2020 Covid-19 pandemic. So many of my friends were looking for solutions to be healthier and to boost their immune systems, and I launched Dela Juices, cold-pressed preservative-free juices.
My food philosophy
I want this website to inspire you to drink a juice a day, and that it is an easy and delicious way to boost your immune system and better your health! I love spending hours tinkering in the kitchen testing out new juice recipes, researching nutrition and understanding how we can help our complex bodies be strong and healthy!
I fully realise that I am not a qualified nutritionist or health professional, and no point am I advocating that I am that. However, I am an autoimmune patient who wants to inspire you to be healthier and more energised!
The recipes and information you will find here are based on the following:
- Raw fresh fruits and vegetables that are just SO good for our bodies!
- Using seasonal fruits and vegetables
- Use organic produce where possible.
- Easy recipes that are quick to make with ingredients that are generally easy to find.
- Gluten-free. No oats or muesli, so if you need to avoid gluten, these recipes are for you!
- Dairy-free. If you do enjoy dairy, you are welcome to replace the nut milk with your preferred dairy product.
- No added sugars.
- Free from preservatives.
- Living simply and clean!
- Researched and science-backed information on health and nutrition.
A few fun facts
- I hate going to the gym, and I love playing a game of squash!
- I am proudly South African! I live in Centurion, South Africa, with my husband Johann and daughter.
- I have a 3rd Dan in JKA Karate.
- I have been the Gauteng chapter president of the Professional Speakers Association of Southern Africa for two years.
- I have completed my DTM (Distinguished Toastmaster) with Toastmasters International.
- I have a serious competitive streak (but in a nice way!).
I love juicing, and I want to help you love juicing too! Stick with me and let’s have fun creating a beautiful and fulfilling life!
As a person who is always looking for that one thing that will have a positive impact on my health, that is also easy to do, I discovered Adele’s workshop on juicing. The way that she presented was extremely professional and you could really see that she knows her subject matter very well. There is lots of information online on the subject of juicing, Adele has this knack of bringing it to life. I just loved her presentation style, it made me feel like I was having a chat with a friend!
Thank you, Adele, for the amazing “Juicing and Smoothies in Lockdown to Boost Your Immune System” Master Class. My wife and I have been juicing for a while but you have shown us how to take it to the next level. In my line of business, energy and passion play a big role and you are honestly on the spot here.
Adele’s talk fitted in perfectly with our topic. There were numerous points that resonated with me and many ladies in the audience reiterated this. Adele is extremely professional and holds the audiences’ attention effortlessly.
She has a warm and since personality and this comes through in her talk. She had the audience captivated for her entire talk. A fantastic resource to bring in to make your team more powerful to deliver on business objectives.