Hi! I am Adele du Rand, and I am so happy you are here! If you have been googling “juicing”, you have likely found a sea of juice information, and not all of the information is accurate or helpful.
I have been juicing since 2017, and I have tried a lot and researched even more! I have made mistakes and worked out what works well and what you should avoid. You don’t have to learn those lessons – I am here to help you create the juicy life you want!
Here is a little more about me. When it comes to helping people reclaim their energy and fuel your passion, I’m the real deal! Here’s why:
- I started juicing in 2017 when I was sick and tired of being sick and tired, and when nothing else helped. I was diagnosed in 2015 with an autoimmune disease, Hashimoto’s Thyroiditis, and I was overweight, fatigued and lost my passion for life.
- I did my first 30 day juice program in 2017, and it changed my life! Not only did I lose weight, but I also tripled my energy, regained my focus and reignited my passion for life!
- I don’t get sick a lot, and I attribute it to the fact that we drink a ginger shot and a juice every day! When I do get sick, I get over it more quickly.
- I have started a juicing company during the 2020 Covid-19 pandemic. So many of my friends were looking for solutions to be healthier and to boost their immune systems, and I launched Dela Juices, cold-pressed preservative-free juices.
My food philosophy
I want this website to inspire you to drink a juice a day, and that it is an easy and delicious way to boost your immune system and better your health! I love spending hours tinkering in the kitchen testing out new juice recipes, researching nutrition and understanding how we can help our complex bodies be strong and healthy!
I fully realise that I am not a qualified nutritionist or health professional, and no point am I advocating that I am that. However, I am an autoimmune patient who wants to inspire you to be healthier and more energised!
The recipes and information you will find here are based on the following:
- Raw fresh fruits and vegetables that are just SO good for our bodies!
- Using seasonal fruits and vegetables
- Use organic produce where possible.
- Easy recipes that are quick to make with ingredients that are generally easy to find.
- Gluten-free. No oats or muesli, so if you need to avoid gluten, these recipes are for you!
- Dairy-free. If you do enjoy dairy, you are welcome to replace the nut milk with your preferred dairy product.
- No added sugars.
- Free from preservatives.
- Living simply and clean!
- Researched and science-backed information on health and nutrition.
A few fun facts
- I hate going to the gym, and I love playing a game of squash!
- I am proudly South African! I live in Centurion, South Africa, with my husband Johann and daughter.
- I have a 3rd Dan in JKA Karate.
- I have been the Gauteng chapter president of the Professional Speakers Association of Southern Africa for two years.
- I have a serious competitive streak (but in a nice way!).
I love juicing, and I want to help you love juicing too! Stick with me and let’s have fun creating a beautiful and fulfilling life!