Today is a great day for a ...
Cool Cucumber Summer Refresher
Cucumber is a juicy fruit (yes, it is a fruit) and it provides a ton of hydration. The mint in this juice gives it a refreshing taste, which is perfect for when you need something cool and refreshing on a hot summer’s day!
- Portion: Serves 1 | Time: 5 min | Equipment: Juicer machine
- 1 apple, cored
- 1/2 cucumber, peeled
- 8-10 mint leaves
- 1/4 medium lemon, wax-free
TO MAKE THIS JUICE:
So easy to make! I like to peel the cucumber, but you don’t have to. Also, keep as much of the pith on the lemon as possible, as there is a ton of nutrients there! In fact, if you have organic lemons, you can juice the lemon with the skin on.
Just feed all the ingredients through the juicer. If you are using a centrifugal (high speed) juicer, cut a small hole in a piece of the apple and press the mint leaves tighly in. Put a few blocks of ice in a glass, and pour the juice in the glass. Enjoy!
5 reasons to
BE OBSESSED WITH THE HUMBLE CUCUMBER
- Cucumbers are loaded with nutrients, including vitamin C, vitamin K, magnesium, potassium and manganese.
- As cucumbers are low in calories and high in water, it may aid in weight loss.
- Cucumbers promote hydration as they are composed of about 96% water.
- Cucumbers contain antioxidants, including flavonoids and tannins, which prevent the accumulation of harmful free radicals and may reduce the risk of chronic disease.
- Cucumbers may help support regular bowel movements. It contains pectin, a soluble fiber, that can help increase bowel movement frequency.
Nutritional Information Source: Healthline
This website is not intented to diagnose, treat, prevent or cure any disease. This website and its emails are not intended to substitute for medical advice and it is not a substitute for working with a licensed doctor or health professional. Please be aware Adele du Rand is not a medical doctor, so please consult with your licensed medical doctor or health professional before you make any changes to your diet. The suggestions on this website and its emails are not meant as an alternative to medical treatment, so please DO NOT stop taking any medications you are taking. Always be your own health advocate and listen and feel to how your body responds to certain foods. Please do not ingest foods that you are allergic to or have an intorance to.