Easy Green Juice
The Perfect Easy Greens Juice is a great way to get you started with green juicing! It is important that your tastebuds fall in love with the green juice. Once you are familiar with green juice, you can “upgrade” your juice in many ways! Feel free to experiment with the ideas below, and find your perfect green juice!
For 1 portion, approx 300 ml
What you will need:
- 2 Golden Delicious apples
- 1 small handful of baby spinach
- 1 stick celery
- 1/4 medium cucumber, peeled
- 1/4 medium lemon, wax-free and leave as much of pith on as possible
How to make it:
- Wash all the produce well. Peel the lemon (leave as much of the pith on as possible) and core the apples.
- Add all the ingredients through the juicer.
- Pour into a glass with some ice, and enjoy!
Boost Your Juice
Add any one or more of these ingredients to boost your juice:
- Juice 1/4 medium pineapple for a sweeter taste and a boost of bromelein which is anti-inflammatory.
- Blend in 1 banana for a sweeter taste and potassium boost.
- 1 teaspoon chia seeds for their antioxidant power and a source of protein.
- 3-cm piece of ginger to boost your immune system.
- 10 mint leaves for a refreshing summer feel.
- Handful flat-leaf parsley to boost antioxidant benefits.
- 1 piece of broccoli stem.
- 1 to 2 pieces of cauliflower (which has been lightly steamed and then frozen), blend in for a creamier texture.
- 2 to 3 kale leaves for added leafy greens.
- Turn the juice into a meal by blending in 1/2 an avocado, 1 teaspoon mixed seeds and 1 heaped teaspoon of protein powder (like hemp seed powder) or 1 teaspoon of hydrolyzed collagen powder