Papaya, also known as papita, is a sweet-tasting fruit with a ton of health benefits! It is rich in vitamin C, vitamin A, folate, magnesium, and fiber. The papaya gives this juice a creamy texture, while the orange and carrots balance the sweetness of the papaya.
Papaya boasts a ton of health benefits, including helping to defend against the visible signs of aging and helping a youthful and smooth skin!
- Papaya contains antioxidants, particularly lycopene, which helps to fight oxidative stress and reduce free radicals, thus reducing your risk of several diseases.
- The lycopene may reduce cancer risk, and perhaps even slow cancer progression.
- It may help to improve heart health.
- It can help fight inflammation due to the high amount of carotenoids (antioxidants) it contains.
- Papaya contains an enzyme called papain, which can help with protein digestion.
- It can help your skin look more toned and youthful.
Papaya Carrot Juice
- Kuvings Whole Slow Juicer
- 1/2 papaya peeled and seeds removed
- 1 orange peeled, keep pith on
- 2 carrots tops removed, rinsed
- a few blocks ice
- Feed all the ingredients through your juicer,starting with the papaya, followed by the orange and lastly, the carrots.
- Pour into a glass with a few blocks of ice. Enjoy!